Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 26 February 2017

Stencil Sunday #85

Good afternoon all.

My turn once more to encourage you to get out your stencils and join us at STAMPlorations for our February Mixed Media Challenge. Another small canvas to share today using masks and stencils...I so liked the one I made earlier in the month that I made another for a friend.


You may remember I teased you with this picture on my post earlier this month...well it didn't go to waste!
Not having anything to hand to dump the mask in when I removed it from the previous project I made a kitchen towel sandwich and  rubbed over it to clean off the ink...voila a perfect mask!


I dissected the kitchen roll so I only had one layer and added it to the canvas with gel medium. I put the Two Feathers mask the opposite way round and sprayed with DecoArt Media Misters, removed the mask and allowed everything to dry. I used the  Scribbly Splattery Grunge stamp set and some archival ink to add some detail to the background.Transparent acrylic paint was added next with a little gesso. I used texture paste and the  Feathers and Arrows (large) stencil to add the three feathers, coating with clear EP...once thoroughly dry I heat embossed the feathers. Some shading was added with a water colour pencil then I used Radiant Gel and the Dots all Over stencil to finish the project off.


The letters were stamped and fussy cut and adhered with gel medium then painted with some transparent acrylic paints. 



If you love STAMPlorations products or if you'd like to try them for the first time I have a discount code to share with you - STAMPGIRLCAROLD

This gives you a 20% discount on all stamps, stencils and dies...both regular and sale priced items. Please note this code can't be combined with any other code. It is valid for multiple uses whilst I'm a STAMPlorations Girl.



We'd love to see your mixed media entries in the challenge but please remember it's anything but a card and you must use a stencil. 😊

10 comments:

  1. Stunning are your creations Carol and the colours are beautiful hope your having a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous canvas Carol. Love your choice of colours too. Not long now till we meet up. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Carol, lovely colours, great texture and lots of super details - can you tell I love it!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant hun great design hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous canvas Carol, beautifully designed and brilliant colour and texture, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your canvas is just fantastic Carol. Gorgeous colours and great design work. I love all the texture too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is fabulous! I do love feathers!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Carol! Love all of it xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x