Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 5 February 2017

Stencil Sunday #82 + February Mixed Media Challenge

Good afternoon all.

This is my second post today, you'll find my Christmas Card Club make here.

The first Sunday of the month once again so we're live over at STAMPlorations with our February Mixed Media Challenge. I've got a small canvas to share with you today.


The idea for this canvas has been mulling around in my head for some time and when I saw the new Two Feathers mask I knew I needed it like yesterday!
I started by layering some torn backing paper onto the canvas with gel medium, after positioning the mask I sprayed with DecoArt Media Misters. I lifted off the mask using tweezers and left everything to dry thoroughly before adding some blue transparent acrylic paint and white gesso with a dry brush..


It was now time to do some stamping so I picked up the Scribbly Splattery Grunge stamp set and some archival ink.


Next up I stencilled 3 feathers from the Feathers and Arrows (large) stencil using a mix of sparkle medium, texture paste and gel....this rejuvenated the sparkle medium which had dried up a little. 


I stamped and fussy cut the letters and attached them with gel medium before adding some transparent acrylic paints. I used a water colour pencil to add some shading and finally added my "angel feather" which had appeared when we first bought the new house.


It still needed a little something so out came my Dots all Over stencil and some Radiant gels...


I was left with this....come back later in the month to see how I used it!


If you love STAMPlorations products or if you'd like to try them for the first time I have a discount code to share with you - STAMPGIRLCAROLD

This gives you a 20% discount on all stamps, stencils and dies...both regular and sale priced items. Please note this code can't be combined with any other code. It is valid for multiple uses whilst I'm a STAMPlorations Girl.



We'd love to see your mixed media entries in the challenge but please remember it's anything but a card and you must use a stencil. 😊

13 comments:

  1. A stunning canvas Carol. I love the colours and the design.. Love those feathers and what a good idea to include your angel feather. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy your mixed media art pieces. It was so interesting reading the how-to for this one, and TFS the pictures to see the steps you took. The feathers made such a nice composition, and thanks for the rejuvenating tip. I have some dried gel beads like this. Also for the tweezer tip! It's really a lovely project, and bet it looks so pretty in your craft room too! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is fabulous Carol! Love the colours and wonderful feathers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome work Carol - really lovely! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great canvas Carol...I love the colors.
    Grtz.Plony

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab Carol - I love those feathers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful canvas Carol, so pretty.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas mixed media is making me want to play again and get messy, love love love.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! The feather mask is stunning and I love how you've used it here Carol, just gorgeous art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done! Love the feathers! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x