Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 19 February 2017

Christmas Card Club - "Snowy Mountains and Skies"

Good morning all.

Hoping to spend some time in the craft room today...I have some Distress Oxides to test drive!! Never thought you'd hear me say this but yesterday I ended up in a garden centre with a craft department and after a wander around I discovered I didn't want or need anything...I had to have a lie down in a darkened room when I got home lol!

Kate has set us the challenge of "Snowy Mountains and Skies" over at the Christmas Card Club.
Note to self...re-read the remit before heading to the craft room. I only remembered the skies bit...sorry Kate :(


A rummage through my embossing folders yielded this Crafter's Companion folder...I was going to do a WOW but decided to add in some silver. The embossed piece was simply matted and layered using Spellbinders nestie squares. The snowflake die is also from Spellbinders and the sentiment is from STAMPlorations.

I did like the design so I repeated it in cream and gold! I'd like to say no machines were hurt during the construction of this card but my Grand Calibur decided to bite the dust...luckily SP are going to send me a replacement part FOC and I eventually managed to source some of the A4 plates for my Platinum so I'm fully functioning once more.


If you'd like to see what the other girl's have made you'll find their links on my sidebar.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carol. I'm sure Kate will be delighted too. Not long till we meet again. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Carol...both versions....hope the grand caliber can be mended mine died terminally....still didn't owe me a penny....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so nice!
    hugs
    My blog : Fiki
    My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards Carol. I love the CAS aspect to it. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful cards Carol, love the embossing.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy & I love this EF! (I did the same thing, only I picked up on the snowy mountains. Guess we read the challenge too fast, eh?) Worked out splendidly for your lovely card. Good luck with the repairs on the machine. Think my old already repaired Big Shot is on its last legs too. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Carol, two gorgeous elegant cards, lovely design and colours, love them and perfect for the theme, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great 'skies' card Carol and looks like your Santa ran off into my card or vice versa. Love the simple white with touches of gold. A super card. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really beautiful and elegant cards Carol. Glad to hear you managed to get replacements for your die cutting machines. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both colourways look gorgeous Carol and I love your CAS designs.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Carol, such an elegant design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is really beautiful CA's card hun love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty and love the minimal colours. It really feels snowy

    ReplyDelete
  14. With or without the snowy moutains it is beautiful. Very classy. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card Carol, I really enjoy seeing your creations.xx♥{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely cards Carol and brilliant for the theme! Sorry to hear about your machine though! I have a jammed cut n boss on my hands but am managing with my sizzix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful in cream and gold, Carol! And, you know what? I can easily visualize snow-capped mountains waaaaaaaay back on the horizon!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x