Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 14 February 2015

Christmas Card Club "Snow Covered Trees"

Good morning all.

Happy Valentine's Day to you all...I expect you're all knee deep in red roses, heart shaped chocolates and the like....just like me not!! I expect I'll get something before the day ends!

Another fine day yesterday after a very stormy night! I got lots of household chores out of the way and had an hour or two crafting before tea. Today I get to choosing :)

Another two weeks have passed and it's time once again for our little Christmas Card Club to showcase our makes. I'm a day early as I have a DT post due tomorrow. Mary picked the theme this time and she asked to see "Snow Covered Trees".


I had originally intended using a stamp for this card but decided instead to use the Tattered Lace dies I got free with a magazine last weekend...there were three dies - the line of trees, line of buildings and the single tree. I cut each die twice and layered them up as I wanted them to be quite sturdy, then painted them with white Sparkle Medium from Imagination Crafts. Embossing folder is from Crafts Too.  Landscape dies are from Lawn Fawn, large snowflake is from Spellbinders, the other snowflakes are from Paper Smooches, sentiment is from Cottage Cutz. Sparkle Medium has then been brushed onto the snowflakes, letters and dots.


Challenges entered:
CHNC Extra - anything Christmas goes
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Craft your Passion - anything goes
Simply Create Too - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Allsorts - anything but birthday

31 comments:

  1. Loving the white on white, great card.
    Have a good weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and delightful card...super dies used Carol and design.xxx

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous WOW card Carol, love the scene you have created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous snowy card Carol. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly made good use of those dies with this lovely white on white card. Thanks for joining in at CHNC Christmas extra.
    hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty White on White card Carol and absolutely perfect for Mary's theme. Those dies are gorgeous and I expect will get a lot of use in the run up to Christmas. Enjoy your day.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous Carol, I love white on white! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Carol, lots of fabulous die cut details and layers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful white on white card Carol the design is superb I love the die cuts you have used a smashing make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is wonderful - great WOW make - beautiful - hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a marvelous die set to get free with your magazine! It's an outstanding Snowy Tree card, and I love the WoW. Just a beautiful interpretation of the challenge, and I LOVE it! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect creation for our theme Carol, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Carol thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the combination of all the die cuts for a perfect snow scene and a lovely card.
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great card Carol. I love it. Funnily enough I almost used my tree dies too because I misplaced the stamp I wanted to use. Your dies are fabulous. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty Carol. So much detail and yet so delicate too! Perfect for Mary's challenge in every way. Hope you had a good Valentine's day. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a bonus Carol!...beautiful die and your white on white card is so elegant...loving those snowflakes! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! White on white always looks great and you have placed your die cuts so well. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carol, stunning card, love your design with the dies, and all that sparkle, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  20. An amazing white on white scene. Love that line of trees. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love white on white and this is gorgeous and perfect for our challenge at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful - lovely colours and layout - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty. Good luck and hope you can join in again next week - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Carol... Love white on white....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great WOW card, just perfect for Christmas.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. So very gorgeous Carol, a beautiful white Christmas card - I was going to ask if I could paint with Sparkle Medium and I know I can thanks for the tip Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. carol. I love those trees and houses...fabulous dies. I will have to watch the Tattered Lace magazine shelf at my local craft store!

    The sparkle medium looks so pretty...bet they are gorgeous IRL.
    Sorry I don't have a card up...yet again. We are all sick here with bronchitis. Over two weeks now for me, and not crafting at all..just resting....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Carol, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at CHNC Extra Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love it! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenge-see you Wednesday for a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a gorgeous white on white card and I love all the layers and texture!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really love white, with white and more white. Embossing & diecutting - makes for a wonderful Christmas scene.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x