Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 19 January 2015

Merry Christmas

Good afternoon.

I got lots done on the crafting front yesterday but little to share with you at the moment, although I did manage a very alternative Christmas card which I'm sharing this afternoon.

Die is a new one from Impression Obsession and I think it will be very useful. Stamps are from Stamploration's Holiday Artsy set. I've masked off the sentiment border before inking through a Memory Box stencil with antique linen DI. Sentiment has been heat embossed with white detail EP. A few gems finish the card off.


Challenges entered:
CAS on Sunday - stencil it

CASolgy - NBUS (die and stamps)


NBUS Challenge - use new schtuff (die and stamps)

Jingle Belles - bring in the new (stamps and die)

18 comments:

  1. This sure is very different and I do like it a lot. Love the stencil and die.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really unusual Carol but in a very good way! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like, I really like, brilliant card.
    I was tempted to order that Die, changed my mind for something else.
    Mmmm!! might have to have another think on that one!!
    Stay warm in this freezing weather

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Carol xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that die. Have had my eye on it for a while. Must act soon! LOL. Fabulous CAS card, Carol.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, what a cool, graphic Christmas card! So glad you were able to play with some NBUS along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like this style Christmas card Carol it is so different and reminds me a bit of the 'grunge' style that is so popular, super, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card Carol, I love the design and gorgeous colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in LOVE with everything about this. From the negative die polka dots to the grungy splatters, everything is sheer perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Carol as always is your gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Carol, your new die is brilliant, I am so tempted but I must resist!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this fun and funky Christmas card! I'm always looking for non-traditional Christmas card inspiration. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! Love the stamps you've used and the colours - right up my street! The die is great too lol!
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with tomorrow.
    Not sure if you are interested but I follow Ink Stains with Roni blog. Today Roni started Calender 2015. Roni is sharing all the mixed media steps to create this calender. I'm planning on playing along with what I own and, no doubt, making a lot of my own paints and mediums. I've mentioned it because I think you may be interested - don't worry if you're not. Here is Roni's blog if you want to see what it is all about http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.co.uk/.
    Roni is a DecoArt Blogger or DT member and I was very lucky before Christmas because she gave away a Gelli Plate :-) guess who got a new toy this week lol?! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's not easy to make a modern grunge card and keep it CAS, but you did it, Carol, and you did it brilliantly! And it's in nontraditional Christmas colors, too, which I really love. In fact, I love every element of this!! Thank you so much for playing in both the CASology and NBUS challenges! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am lovin' that artsy sentiment ... so glad you helped us bring in the new at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a fun take on the sketch! great card! thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh WOW, i just sooooo totally LOVE this gorgeous & funky card, you've done such a great job breaking in that fab stamp & dies, santa would be proud! thanks for "bringing in the new" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x