Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 9 January 2015

Happy Birthday

Good morning all.

Hubby announced yesterday he was going to Ikea and as I didn't feel up to a trek to Edinburgh I gave him a list...2 sets of drawers and 6 boxes...he came home with 6 of each. MEN!! Today there will be a mammoth re-organisation of the craft room to see how many sets I can fit in! Waste not want not!

Found out last night I'm to be a great Aunt in the summer...not that I'm not already a "great" Aunt! Wedding couple no 2 are set to be the proud parents. Another nephew graduated from Durham University with a Master of Science in the faculty of social sciences and health yesterday....I really ought to make him a card but my mind is blank!

Another birthday card to share today, the two nephew's above both have birthdays next week.


Background stamp is new one from Inkylicious, after stamping with Archival ink I used various distress inks to colour it up then layered it onto black card.  Rosette die is one I've had for quite some time and don't use very often - it's from Memory Box. Birthday die from Clearly Besotted...I inked up a piece of waste card with the same DI as the background before die cutting, then layered it up with a couple more for dimension. Added a few gems to finish it off.


Challenges entered:
Art Impressions Stamps - what's new (background stamp)
Scrapbooker PHD - male birthday + die cut
Country View Crafts - use something new
Die Cut Divas - anything goes
Crafter's Cafe - something new
Loves Rubberstamps - anything goes
Sweet Stamps - something new

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous Cas card Carol xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab design! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Carol, a brilliant background - perfect for a man.
    I hope you are feeling better, at least your hubby got you more than you wanted - mine would have come back with 2 of each!.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! I love that background stamp.Thanks for playing along with us in the "What's new challenge" over at Ai!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your good news on the baby and on the Graduation.
    Brilliant card, love it in those colours for men. Other colous and you have a ladies card.
    Stay safe

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous and congratulations to the happy couple on their news and well done to your nephew too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! I hope you'll post pictures of your reorganizing process! Great job on this masculine card! I always have such a hard time with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous, I love the stylish design and wonderful colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card for a guy, love your design and colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol. Congrats on all the good news for your family!! Lots to celebrate!

    Your background stamp is so cool and makes for a perfect design for a masculine card, along with your beautiful watercoloured distress inks. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol...........when you want a job doing Carol best to do it yourself nice that your re-arranging your craft room would love to see it .....love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Carol, have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The beginning of your post made me laugh out loud Carol, typical man, lol. but you have so much good news congratulations on both your nephew and becoming a great Aunt in the summer. Carol your card is gorgeous that background is perfect for that amazing flower, super, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that background. Pretty! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card with a great background, thanks for joining us at The Crafters Cafe this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how your background creates depth without taking over. Lovely

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous color. Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Carol, beautiful background! I'd say your hubby's trip to Ikea was a total success lol. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So simple but so dramatic, fantastic card. Thanks for joining the Diecut Divas Anything Goes Challenge. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really great example of a masculine birthday card. I love the colors and the distressed inks. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's masculine birthday card challenge this month. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x