Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 9 November 2014

Starry Starry Night

Good morning all.

At the going down of the sun
and in the morning
We will remember them.

Another poignant evening from The Royal Albert Hall last night and I've booked my seat for the parade at the Cenotaph this morning.

The wanderer duly returned last night in fine fettle with his dirty washing...I think he enjoyed the experience and certainly enjoyed the cheap booze! 

A simple one layer Christmas card to share today....the theme at Less is More is Starry Starry Night and it's also the dreaded one layer week.


I did struggle with this challenge and this is my third card! The main problem was the lack of star stamps...I'd found the large one used here in a set of magazine freebies but couldn't find a small one, then bingo I went to get this Clearly Besotted sentiment out of the packet (for one of my failed attempts) and of course there was a small star for the top of a tree...this card was very quickly created.
Everything was stamped in versamark and heat embossed with Vanilla Ice EP which is lovely and sparkly. The pearlised base card is 4x4 and was an off cut found when snippet busting.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - starry starry night
CHNC - make it flat
QKR Stampede - let's talk Christmas
Sparkle and Sprinkle - anything goes with EP

23 comments:

  1. Stunning card Carol , beautiful design and delightful colours.
    aNNie xx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your card Carol, the deep blue with the contrasting design looks fab !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish card Carol. No need to dread the OLW when you can make cards like this! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Card Carol. Don't you just love your kids coming home. Like you both programmes were very humbling indeed. Brave Brave Men & Women. x
    Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was worth persevering, the shimmer on the dark blue looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous one layer card Carol, I'm still thinking about mine for this week - like you, I have a severe lack of star stamps!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is so lovely. One layer cards are the most challenging and you did amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful CAS Christmas card. Love the sparkly embossing powder. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well hello there, stranger! Just popping into give you an eclectic hug! Welcome on board, Carol.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great CAS card Carol - lovely colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with just one layer! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol this is beautiful and serene, your little tree topping star is perfect with the larger one!
    Thanks so much for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely one layer card Carol, pleased your son returned home safely! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous CAS card Carol, silver and blue are gorgeous together. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  15. sobre et si élégant Carol, très poétique, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning and festive Carol
    The dark cardstock just sets the sentiment and stars off a treat.
    Well done
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous clean and simple style card Carol loving the dark background it looks ACE.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It may be simple but oh so effective Carol!
    Glad you found the little star!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. You may have struggled with this one, but no one would ever know it! It is beautiful. I do agree that one layer cards can be difficult, but you did so well. Blue and white is always a great Christmas color combo. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous OLC ..... love the white on navy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Elegant and beautiful, Carol. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 202- you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x