Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 11 October 2014

21st Birthday

Good morning all.

Well I think a spot of grocery shopping is much needed today...the cupboards are well and truly bare (according to the kids that is!). I'm sure there's plenty of store cupboard ingredients to keep us going for several weeks but of course they're not instant. Also got a basket of ironing to do but got a new iron (not that I like wasting money on such things but the old one no longer did what it said on the tin!) so I suppose I really should test it out.

Today's share is a 21st birthday card for a nephew's girlfriend.


Image is called Lillith and she's my absolute favourite from PpinkyDollsArt. I've printed on desert storm kraft card and coloured her with promarkers. Oval dies are from Spellbinders. Doily die is from Cheery Lynn. Happy Birthday Die is from Memory Box. Base mat is a PATP from Martha Stewart. Flowers are from Petal Lu, leaves are very old stash. Backing paper is from Prima. The 21st was stamped with a set of Anita's alphabet stamps and heat embossed with EP...both of which I've had unused for years :( Finished with some pearls and a bow from my stash.


I've had the Cheery Lynn doily die for quite some time and have always had trouble getting it to cut, especially in the middle so have always given up and used it as a mat thereby hiding the uncut portion. This time I persevered and was most surprised to find it cut into two parts! They say you learn something new everyday....


Challenges entered:
Crafty Catz - autumn
Wags n Whiskers - fall colours
I Love Promarkers - autumn colours
Inky Impressions - flowers and leaves
Aud Sentiments - anything goes with a sentiment
Milk Coffee Challenge - lots of layers
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - colouring on kraft
Shopping our Stash - it's the most colourful time of the year
PpinkyDolls - fall colours
Great Impressions - autumnal elegance
Lia Stampz - distressed plus kraft

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I adore those beautiful flowers and the lovely color scheme! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol a beautiful card. You have coloured the pretty image so well. I have a few Cheery Lynn doily dies that cut in two - I always use a metal shim with them and it helps a lot. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carol, I love how you've placed your flowers!
    I love that die too! Glad you persevered & found such a lovely result!
    Enjoy road testing your new iron! lol
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo sweet Carol and so adorable is this image too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol, I am sure she will love it.
    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Carol, it's an adorable image and your colours and embellishments are just lovely, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and some gorgeous die cuts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Carol, I love your colours and fabulous details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous card Carol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card! this would be perfect for our lia stampz distressed+kraft challenge! http://liastampz.blogspot.com/2014/09/challenge-74-distressed-kraft.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Carol. Love the colours you have used. That doily die is gorgeous, it almost looks like a crocheted one. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! She really is a cutie, isn't she. Love the colours and the dies!
    Thanks for sharing and joining us at CraftyCatz!
    Hugs Annette GDT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Carol this is so beautiful what an awesome design love how you have coloured the image this is superb.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card, love the cute image, she looks great coloured on kraft. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Autumn colors you used for this amazing card! Wow! Look at all those layers - Love! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Carol! Thank you for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely autumn colours and nice layout, Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  18. GREAT card & cute image!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Inky Impressions & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I am so impressed with your coloring! Your image is gorgeous! Beautiful card thank you so much for sharing! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely 21st birthday card Carol! I love the image! Thanks so much for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew this week for the "Most Colourful Time of the Year" challenge!!
    ~*~donna~*~
    http://yellowdoggreetings.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, love your colours. Thanks for joining our challenge this time at PPinkydolls
    Kate DT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x