Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 25 August 2014

Live Laugh Love

Good morning all.

A quiet day at home was had yesterday with a little bit of crafting and a lot of being lazy!!

A project to share today which I started ages ago but has been lying in my craft room waiting to be finished...you know the type!!


I was lucky enough to win this Imagination Craft's MDF kit from Linda. I started by painting all the MDF with acrylic paint. Once dry I added paper to the front from Prima's Fairy Belles collection. I used the cutout from the middle, reverse side up, beneath the aperture and stamped the sentiment which was a recent magazine freebie. I cut images from another sheet of paper to layer up the fairy, butterflies and flowers then added butterfly die cut from Marianne Design to finish. I even remembered to sandwich my recycled ribbon hanger between the two sheets of MDF before glueing them together!

I just need to find somewhere to hang it now.


Challenges entered:
A Girl who Crafts - anything goes
Altered Eclectics - anything goes
Red's Creative Spirit - anything goes
TokBobok - mixed media
Moving along with the Times - feeling a little vintage
Inky Chicks - fairies or angels
All Crafts Challenge - anything but a card

25 comments:

  1. Absolutely Stunning. Beautiful layout Carol. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Carol, very classic looking and love the subdued colours.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Carol,
    Love, love, love, this absolutely stunning piece.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Carol...just stunning.xxx♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, love the images.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Moira DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Carol! I love the gorgeous papers and design. Beautiful colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol this is stunning love the colours you have used. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning piece, love that paper collection.

    Thank you for coming over and joining in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! What a great project to finally get to finish, you should hang it right in your craft area...it's inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol this is so beautiful. I can see that it would have taken a lot of work to get it just right which of course it is. A really wonderful keepsake. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning project. Love the great detailing. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous as always Carol and full of lots of lovely details x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Carol, such pretty papers - it will look beautiful wherever you decide to hang it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous project Carol. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is so beautiful. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very romantic and lovely quote..
    Great you could join Loves Rubberstamps, please join the new challenge too..
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous..Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super creation, thanks for playing along with our 'Vintage' Challenge @ MAWTT this week. Good Luck
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know the type indeed! you must be so happy with the result, it is lovely! Many thanks for joining the Rosie’s Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining our girly challenge over at Creative Corner Challenges.
    Linda DT-CCC

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful - love it. TFS with us over at Altered Eclectics this month. Hugz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's beautiful, Carol. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your super crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful project! Very sweet and gentle. Good luck! TokBobok

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fabulous frame. I really like the prima paper you used, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing and joining us at All Crafts Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x