Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 6 December 2013

Noel

Good morning all, hope everyone is safe and well.
We seem to have missed the worst of the storm, it was very wet and windy first thing yesterday but by mid morning things had calmed down somewhat, thankfully.

It's been one of those weeks - three teenagers who went to the same school as my daughter were killed in a car accident locally last week, the first funeral was held yesterday with another today and the final one on Monday. It's so sad especially at this time of year and has been a huge shock to both pupils and staff at the school. My sister in law is also in hospital recovering from robotic surgery on Tuesday to remove a lump from one of her kidneys. We haven't been to see her yet as it's a 3/4 hour round trip and she hasn't really been up to seeing visitors yet.

I'm meeting myself coming back at the moment....still got loads to do for Christmas although all the shopping is done and mostly wrapped and the food is ordered. I bought some scarf kits from Crafter's Companion in their birthday week sale and need to get some of them made for pressies though!!

Today's share is a little box I've made for my brother using a tutorial found here.


I used two 12x12 sheets of paper from Papermania and the finished box is about four and a half inches square. I've decorated the box using co-ordinating card, ribbons, a bell and a poinsettia flower from my stash. The snowflake if from Asda and the little wooden Noel has been coloured with DI.


The finished boxes are quite strong, this one housing a paperweight.

Challenges entered:
CRAFT - Christmas
Delightful Challenges - you're a gem
Paper Crafting Journey - it's Christmas time
Holly Jolly - Christmas + blog hop
Ribbon Carousel - anything goes
All Crafts Challenge - anything but a card
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Lexi's Creations - Christmas

Carol x


22 comments:

  1. Lovely box Carol. I'll check out the tutorial a little later. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. O My Goodness Carol this is simply gorgeous thats some journey and l'm sure yur sil will appreciate your visit as and when hope she has a speedy recovery such a loss and as you say no time is a good time but Christmas and deaths seem worse at this time of the year what an awful thing to happen l feel for the familes l hope your daughter is ok its a terrible shock give her lots of hugs Carol take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this box, thanks for joining us this week. How about applying for our DT? Our DT call still has a few days left on it!

    Jo and the CRAFT Team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic box!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carol how sad, for the families of the lives lost. Everyone must be feeling it especially at this time of year.

    Your box is gorgeous and I am sure your bother will love it.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulously created box Carol. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, they are much appreciated.
    Hugs
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous box Carol and so good to be sturdy too, often they are quite flimsy. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant box, I love making boxes so am off to have a look at the link
    Hope you have a better week next week. Tragic about these young people so young to have their lives taken away.
    Hugs
    Patricia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great box Carol, love the paper you used! Thanks for sharing with us over at Lexi's Creations this time & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creation Carol, love the papers too...also for the tut thanks,. do hope your SIL is ok....robotic surgery? Sounds iimpressive...xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a great project! Love this! So cute. Thanks for playing at Crafting From the heart. We hope to see you next time. Good luck. Erin, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW what a beautiful gift box! Love your choice of papers! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘HANDMADE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous box and I bet the recipient will love it just as much as the contents! I'm so sorry to hear about your rotten week - try to take some time for yourself in all the sadness and hurry. Hope your sil recovers well.
    TFS and for joining us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great box and loving those papers you have used for it. thankyou for the added tutorial for it and thank you for joining in at Craft My Life challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (DT.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just sat and watched your video and had to come back and say what a lovely clear and concise video it is. Thank you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Carol what a terrible time for those families :( hope your SIL is on the mend and this is great lots of huggles Sue xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab christmas card and thanks for sharing with us at Craft

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear the sad news...so tragic. Hope your sister in law will have a smooth recovery.
    Your box is lovely. Will check out the tutorial a wee bit later...I have my lists and just taking a break before trudging on with the last few "must do's".

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful Box Carol, Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge. Sorry to hear of all the sad news, and hope your SIL recovers ok.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely box. Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey!
    Hope to see you again
    Iwona

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x