Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Crafting for all Seasons #67 "Anything Christmas but a Card"

Good morning all. Hope everyone is well or getting better.
Well only two weeks left, need to get my skates on and finish off some more scarves for my sisters and niece...apart from that I'm about organised except for the cleaning and decorations....oh heck better get my skates on turbo charge! Hubby and kids are going to be on recycled cards again this year as I hadn't made enough specials and I'm not going to send myself into a tizzy trying to get them made now...and they won't notice it's the same card as last year!!

Today it's time for a new challenge at CFAS and this time the theme is "Anything Christmas but a Card". We're  looking forward to seeing all your makes. As this is a special one month long challenge we have three sponsors - Whoopsi Daisy, Robyn's Fetish and Rick St Dennis who all gave the DT images to work with.


Using a pre-coloured image from Whoopsi Daisy sheet #380 which I've highlighted with some pearlescent chalk and stickles, I've made a gift bag for another of my sisters. Papers are from Papermania, embossing folder was a magazine freebie, snowflake die from Memory Box, glittered snowflake from Asda, ribbon and gem from my stash. The sister tag is from East of India.

Close up of the embossing.

Close up of the bow, the little white bow was made on a fork...the first time I've made one of these and I have to say they come out perfectly.

  and finally a close up of the image, my favourite snowman image as it's just so cute and happy.

Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the rest of the girls inspiration, you won't be disappointed. I'll be back tomorrow with another project.




Challenges entered:
Paper Crafting Journey - it's Christmas time
Crafty Ribbons - spots or stripes
CRAFT - Christmas
As you Like it - favourite digi and why (see above)
Winter Wonderland - embossing
Totally Papercrafts - anything Christmas but a card
Polka Doodles - make a gift/anything Christmas
Fairy Tale - box or wrapping
Word Play Saturday - snowman
CHNC - for someone special
CHNC Extra - anything Christmas goes
All that Stickles - happy holidays
Whoopsi Daisy - non traditional Christmas colours/anything goes with WD image

Carol x

23 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous gift bag Carol, lovely papers and your little bow is so sweet.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag Carol. I have just decided that I'm not going to stress out over things that don't get done either. Life's too short. Mind at this rate I might not even get my tree up! Like the idea of re-cycling your cards. John's memory is rubbish so I will just dig out last years. Thanks for the idea!!! Lol! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gift bag Carol xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bag and lovely image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol, I love the image and all your special detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol your litte bag is so very lovely! It will be a fab a perfekt giftwrap for all sisters. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wouldn't like getting something in this beautiful bag? I think it's wonderful! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Carol this is fabulous. Love the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic gift bag Carol! Someone's sister is going to be thrilled with this!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol this is gorgeous love the image and the design you have used. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo Carol this is absolutely gorgeous I love that snowman image also the wonderful bow, a lovely bag to give a pressie
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Carol i love this cute Snowman and the embossing words. Wonderful.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully decorate bag. Love the snowman! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the bag is so pretty and the snowman is really cute. Thank you for joining us at AS You Like It Challenge. Hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous bag Carol, love the embossing! What a good idea to give the same card my DH would definitely NOT notice lol!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute gift bag...I love it! Thanks for joining the party at All That Stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this bag, Carol, beautiful entry for CHNC challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely bag, Carol. And perfect for the PolkaDoodles challenge too!
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful creation with great details and perfect for our challenge……You do such a great job on your cards. …… Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week…………Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Monday & good luck in the draw!!!!

    SOMA
    (Whoopsi Daisy DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another fabulous bag...so pretty and the sister tag is wonderful. You are going to have the best decorated bags!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautifully decorated bag Carol! Loving the cute image!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my "snowman" word play saturday challenge at My Creative Moments! Hope you'll join in my new challenge too! I just posted the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x