Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Childhood Memories

Good morning all. Welcome to my newest followers, I hope you'll pop by often and if you leave a comment I'll know you've been.

A layout to share with you today covering a few of the current challenges.


Created in Craft Artist 2 (I'm slowly getting to grips with this when I remember to use it) using "Spring into Spring" from Daisy Trail and the frame is a label from Far Far Hill.
The photo was taken on the annual Sunday School trip to Bamburgh beach (obviously on a year when the sun shone!) circa 1970. We went by bus every year on the first Saturday of the summer holidays and were given a picnic lunch at the beach followed by games and races. I can only remember it raining once in all the years I went. The Dad's usually accompanied us (complete with back up food and drinks) which was quite a novelty for most of us in those days. The trip home consisted of a good sing song on the bus - think She'll be coming round the mountain, You cannae shove your grannie off the bus etc with those at the back usually singing a slightly different version to the Sunday School teachers!! Those were the days!

Challenges entered:
Digitally Sweet - picture inspired
Lasting Memories - childhood memories
Scrappiness Designs - colour palette

Carol x

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful and full of wonderful memories.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and fabulous memories. Our Sunday School trip was always to Redcar. We had a great time! I think todays kids miss out on so much. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure brings back fond memories. What ever happened to good ol' fashioned trips to the beach, a bus load of kids, singing and having a grand time. You've captured this perfectly on your LO.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful photo and gorgeous layout. So nice to hear about your happy memories!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to preserve a childhood memory. Gorgeous layout and thank you for sharing your memories of your days out.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol! Love your post, made me smile. What a fun memory for you to have. I love that your LO focuses so much on the photo to.

    Thanks for joining our "candy inspiration" challenge at Digitally Sweet AND Thank you for joining our "Childhood Memories" challenge at Lasting Memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Carol and great memeories too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page Carol. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great layout Carol and a lovely story to accompany it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sweet beach layout! Love the fresh clean design!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Lasting Memories!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol, I love this page, beautifully set out it is stunning.
    Brings back happy memories, thank you for sharing.

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like loads of fun Carol. Wonderful memories and great picture. Thank you for sharing at Digitally "Sweet".

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snickering at the memories of altered school songs. great layout thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it fun to scrap older photos? They bring back such wonderful memories! Your LO is so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being featured!!! I love your LO, so fresh and clean. Great stories always make such great LOs. Thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories.
    ClaireR -LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your participation in Sketches In Thyme, gorgeous LO! kisses

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!
    Thanks for join Scrappiness Designs Color Palette challenge!!

    Please, enjoy 25%off on your purchase at the store until July 31st using the code COLOR25.

    http://www.scrappinessdesigns.com.br

    Have fun!!
    Kisses,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x