Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 9 July 2012

Whoopsi Daisy - make your own embellishments

Good morning all, I hope this rain rains itself out this week before my holidays start! I can't believe I reached 300 followers over the weekend, a big welcome to Sue hope you enjoy your visits here. 
I've got some great news this morning, Linnie has asked me to stay on at Whoopsi Daisy and I'm now a fully fledged Daisy Diva :)
 It's time for another challenge at  Whoopsi Daisy  and this week it's team A's turn to share their inspiration with you. The theme this week is to make your own embellishments,


Using a pre-coloured image from the Daisy and Friends CD, die cut and mounted onto two scalloped mats. Backing paper is from a Melissa Frances pad and I've layered up the pennants to add some dimension. Border punch from Martha Stewart. Doily, ribbons, pearls, buttons, sentiment and flowers from my stash. I've made my own flower using a felt shape, crocheted flower and a button and also made an mulit layered  bow on my mini bowdabra.


Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the inspiration from the rest of the team and remember if you use a Whoopsi Daisy image you could win 2 image sheets, 1 sheet will be awarded to a winner using any other image.

Challenges entered:
The Ribbon Girl - girlie card
Bearly Mine - ribbons and bows
Creative Card Crew - swirls and pearls
A&T Emerald Faeries - birthdays
Southern Girls - pearls
Phindy's Place - initials (CMD - Crocheting, matting and doily)
Simply Create Too - summer/vacation
Secret Crafter - pastel colours
Really Reasonable Ribbon - child's birthday

Carol x


24 comments:

  1. Wow it is absolutely stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card with a cute image. Congratulations on becoming a Daisy Diva lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol such beautiful pastels and a gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Carol, really pretty.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - love that bow and the flower is lovely.
    Kate
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Carol. I love the sweet image and the colours are gorgeous. Your flower made with felt and crochet looks so lovely

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Carol, I love the little image and your layout is gorgeous. Beautiful bow and flowers too. Congratulations on reaching 300 followers too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol

    Many congratulations on becoming a Daisy Diva .. .. how lovely. I am well chuffed for you.

    Loving the card you have posted. Your ribbon embellishment is gorgeous.

    Have a lovely time away if I don't catch up with you before you go.

    Hope you take some pictures to share.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Carol,love your fabulously coloured image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card Carol, I love your bow, it looks great.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Carol, your cards are always so soft and delicate and I love the punched edges.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Carol. Very pretty and dainty. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely delightful! Colours gorgeous as usual and I just love the little crochet and felt flower. Thank you for choosing my "White on White" card to be in the top three! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol, what a gorgeous card you have made. She certainly is a cutie. It's handy to have pre-coloured images at times. It fits our challenge well and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great new Carol a fully pledged member now...lol Your card is gorgeous and the image is beautiful nice to get some pre coloured images and use them they can help if you don't have much time, lovely layout and great ribbons too both colours go so well together and the button just adds that finishing touch:)x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card. Your handmade embellishments are fab

    Thanks for joining us at The Creative card Crew for our Pearls and Swirls challenge

    Margaret DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to being a fully fledged DT on Whoopsi Daisy!
    Wonderfully done card Carol, love all the special details you've added to your card!

    Thanks for joining in the fun with pearls over at Southern Girls Challenge this week!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning creation! Thank you for joining us at Secret Crafter.Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww...sweet card!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Phindys Place this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a darling card!
    I'm so glad you joined us for the Phindy's Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x