Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Good Morning

Feeling a lot happier this morning.......had one heck of a day yesterday trying to find car insurance for the lads trip to Mongolia. I made a point of telling Gary's insurance company in February when we put the car on the road what it was to be used for and was told that was fine......yesterday I was told Gary wouldn't be covered under the policy to do the trip!! Grrrr.......anyway many phone calls and much internet searching later we finally got two of them covered to drive...at a price, but it's worth it for the piece of mind.

So no time for crafting yesterday.......think the door is going to be shut for the holidays now while I get the house sorted, laundry and packing done and the numerous other things that still need doing before we go!

I'm sharing a card today that I made for a recent Joanna Sheen competition which I haven't shown yet.


The competition was for a spring card using an image from the Jayne Netley Mayhew 2 CD set. Backing paper was from Daisy and Friends CD (I think), PATP from Martha Stewart, corner dies from Spellbinders. Ribbon, lace, button, stick pins, mirri card and pearls from my stash.


I didn't win any prizes for it but was very pleased with how it turned out.
As this was a competition card I'm not entering it into any challenges today.

Carol x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carol, love the image and fab papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Carol. Sorry you'd such a bad day yesterday but glad to hear you've got the boys sorted out. Take care and enjoy your hols. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, your card is Gorgeous. The colours and the image. The MS border just finishes it off. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card , so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Hun this is simply stunning,the detail is amazing,love it,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Carol !

    I love the PATP,it really stand out
    the paper colours are lovely & pearls x

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card Carol, gorgeous image and lovely colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very beautiful card Carol. Everything matches to perfection! Colours are gorgeous and the pearls are so pretty. Michelle x P.S. In case I don't catch up with you, good luck with the boys and enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol this is so pretty what a fabulous border around this and a super card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card Carol as always and great detail too:)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is gorgeous Carol I love the layout and the papers are beautiful.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x