Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Vintage Father Christmas


The gorgeous Father Christmas stamp is from La Blanche and has been stamped in brown Versafine ink then cut out using a nestie label die which I've distressed with gold ink, TH tea dye and edged with the brown versafine. The backing paper is a gold embossed vellum from my stash which I've aged with some brown versafine and edged with gold ink. I've edged the base card with gold ink too. Card is finished with a ribbon and a Clarity stamp star which has been stamped and embossed with gold EP then layered for dimension.

Challenges entered:
Winter Wonderland - Santa Claus is coming to town
Stamp Something - anything goes
Anything Goes - vintage or shabby chic
Pink Elephant - vintage
Paper Creations Ink - vintage or distressed


Carol x

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Carol, love monochrome xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, beautiful colours. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stylish Carol, love it.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, truly lovely:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh just love this hun its one really stylish card,hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vintage card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, looks lovely in those fab brown shades :o) Lisa x

    PS thanks for joining in at Stamp Something xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a pretty creation and love the colours and is that a pull ribbon, don't you just love these, thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland,
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely, great santa card.

    Thanks for joining us at SFCC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol - I love the colors you used to make this card so very vintage. It is wonderful. Brings back many memories for me :0) Your distressing with the gold is perfect and really pulls the image out. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol... Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and you your embellishments are just perfect! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this vintage Father Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss this week. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Card Carol! love the vintage Father Christmas. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! The Santa is just fabulous. So glad you joined us for another CCC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How gorgeous..love the star detail. Thanks for joining us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors.

    Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.

    A nice greeting Andrea from germany

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the vintage look! Thanks for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant, hope to see more of your creations soon. hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You used a wonderful stamp and created a really great card! Love the brown and the vintage style.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Creative stamp Friends.
    Michi

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x