Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 8 September 2011

Triptych


Something new to me - I've admired these triptych cards for a while but never attempted to make one before, I'm very pleased with how this one turned out even given the faux pax!
Made this yesterday after seeing Jo's card earlier this week as I needed a card for my sister in laws partner. I used Joanna Sheen's Thomas Kinkade CD and found this beautiful image Autumn Lane which I printed onto ice blue decoupage paper then cut into three equal pieces. Each piece was mounted onto black stardream, then gold mirri card before being mounted onto a piece of copper mirri card which had been punched along the bottom edge with a Martha Stewart border punch. My new copper coloured ribbon was added before everything was mounted onto the black base card. I finished the card off with a sentiment and sewed a brass button to the bow.

Now can you spot the deliberate mistake lol...........yes silly me stuck the bits in the wrong order ( the middle should be on the left hand side).............don't suppose the recipient will ever know though and it doesn't detract from the impact of the image.

It was very difficult to get a photo which did justice to the gorgeous colours of the image - the finished card was one of those you don't really want to give away!


Challenges entered:

Cards for Men - G is for golden hues
Ribbon Carousel - anything goes
Polka Doodles - autumn leaves
Saturday  Challenge - colours of autumn
Crafts and Me - buttons and bows
Heidis Hobby Stuggu - fall colours
Craft us Crazy - autumn colours
Desert  Island - Itinerary (buttons, nature inspired, sentiment)
Fresh Brewed - something new (triptych style card and ribbon)

Carol x


24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card... and what a great 'happy accident@ it really gives your design great symetry.,
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Carol. I love TK stuff too. See you at glasgow soon. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's love - perfect for all. Glad you played along with Ribbon Carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Carol! love the brown ribbon its just gorgeous! great scenery truly a lovely card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful creation love the style fabulous image, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have new candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovley card and the misstake is just perfect! Thanks for participating in the challenge at HeidisHobbysuggu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol

    A great look and fantastic images.

    I love the colours and your ribbon feature very much!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Carol, I think your 'deliberate mistake' makes the card more interesting.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Carol, I love TK & this is stunning xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely Carol, the colours are stunning and no one would know about the mistake if you hadn't told us!

    I love the ribbon and button, make it look even richer, I wouldn't want to give it away either!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic Creation for our Autumn colours Challenge At SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY

    Thanks for joining us and hope to see you again

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful fall card. Lovely fall pictures. Thanks for joining us at Haappileigh Scrappin' this week.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carol, your lovely matted image looks stunning on this fabulous triptych card. Lovin' that button centered on the bow too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Digi team's Buttons and Bows challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card, love your creative style! Thanks for joining the Buttons and Bows challenge this week at Crafts and Me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card, great image and colours,so perfect for a man's card...love your take on our theme...Thanks for joining in with us at Cards for Men,hope to see you again...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carol! This is a stunning and elegant birthday card! I just love it!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Month Long Prize challenge: use something new.
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card! Thanks for joining our 'G is for..' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooooo pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge at Desert Islands Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning! I love it...even with the deliberate mistake. =D Thanks for playing with us this week at Happileigh Scrappin'!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamps
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this sure is stunning! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Freshly Brewed "Something New" Challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really a beautiful card. Love that colour combo and design. Thanks for playing at HeidisHobbystuggu this month and good luck. Hope to see you back in october for a new challenge. Bettina x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great autumn colored card. Love the "mistake" you made - It makes the card more vibrant.

    Thanx for joining us at Heidi`s Hobbystuggu this month. Good luck in the draw, and hope to see you back next month!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a lovely card.
    Thx for playing at HeidisHobbystuggu!
    Hugs -Eva Marie-

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x