Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 23 September 2011

Trick or Treat

Well after all the LIM cards this week I thought I'd bring you something completely different. I don't really 
"do" Halloween as a rule but there are some gorgeous digi images out there and I won this cute Pumpkin Witch from Delicious Doodles. I decided to make a decoration for the house as DD is going to have a Halloween party with a few of her friends - hopefully the kitchen will have been pulled apart and put back together by then.




The main image has been digitally layered onto a free backing sheet from Jak Heath and printed onto pearlised paper and coloured with promarkers then highlighted with a gelly roll pen and mounted onto a scalloped nestie rectangle. The backing papers front and back are freebies from Bearly Mine (I've used a Martha Stewart punch on the striped one). I've used Grand Nestie scalloped circles to cut the black base and purple and copper mirri card layers. The front is finished with some flowers which I've distressed with TH black soot, lots of lovely purple fibres, a button and the letters for "treat" are "Halloween Felt Alpha" from Raspberry Road.
The back has been decorated with black ribbon, a button, some glittery monsters (from Hobbycraft) and the letters for "trick" as before. I won the pumpkin digi too from Prairie Fairy and it has been coloured in promarkers. The bat is a freebie from Dude Time Doodles and he's been coloured with promarkers and I've added a felt top hat from my stash.  I've used gorgeous orange ribbon to hang it with.
I still need a spider to finish this off - should have kept the bl**dy big one running across my kitchen floor yesterday lol.

This is my first attempt at making something purely decorative and I've rather enjoyed making it - I may get some more made before the party (I've got a whole month to do it!!) but just in case we bought some bits at M&S yesterday (hangs head in shame lol).

Thanks for your visit today and I hope you like what you see.

Challenges entered:
Cupcake - black and purple
Ribbon Carousel - add fabric (felt top hat)
Delightful Challenges - Happy Fall Y'all
The Paper Variety - home (home decor item)
Incy Wincy - distressing
Happileigh Scrappin - T Time (trick or treat)
Paper Sundaes - felt (top hat)
Delicious Doodles - cute as a button
Paper Pretties - use buttons
Lollipop Crafts - anything but a card
OLLC - punches and dies
Heart Song Inspirations - orange or buttons
Bearly Mine - buttons
Creative Craft Challenges - buttons and bling
Creative Stamp Friends - anything but a card
Corrosive Challenge Blog - punches and/or dies


Carol x



24 comments:

  1. This is SO cute. Super fun. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Carol. For the prize you won and also for the lovely art work you produced using your prize. Great job. Hope your daughter's party goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fantastic, a lovely image and great embellishments,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these embellishments! So shabbily sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dein Werk sieht toll aus. Tolle Farben, tolle Gestaltung und so perfekt passend zu Halloween. Liebe Grüße.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is fabulous! Can't believe its your first attempt at something like this. I love Halloween and would love to do something like this but not sure if I could pull it off. Its really imaginative and I love all the little quirky bits on it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever Carol,this really is a work of art! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool project Carol, great use of you win and a fabulous design.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous! love the spooky feel there is to it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous Halloween decoration Carol, love the image and colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic decoration, Carol, I love the design! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great door hanger, very festive and perfect for those trick - or -treaters. Thanks for joining the Heart Song challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.
    Debbie HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome hanging hun! Love all the added detail.
    Thanks for joining us in our 'Cute as a button' theme at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck with the draw!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very intricate and I love all the layers you used. Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful decoration...well done with this weeks colour challenge...thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcake :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fabulous creation,i love it,i hope it survives the party!!!
    thanks for joining us at ooh la la and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really lovely. Stunning creation! Thanks for playing with is over at BMC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is fabulous! I DO do Halloween, and this is just a awesome. LOVE it! =D Thank you for playing along with us at the last Happileigh Scrappin' challenge!

    Hugs! Star

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Carol,

    So lovely to have to visit you with my Delicious Doodles head on too!

    What a beautiful make! I know what you mean about not really usually making much for Halloween, its so much bigger across the pond isnt it!
    I used to really love having Halloween parties when my girls were younger too! I hope they have a great evening and your place looks spectacularly spooky!!

    Lovely use of Teri's Halloween Witch also. Thank You for joining us this fortnight with our Cute as a Button challenge and good luck in the draw!

    Keryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello,
    great card! the layout and fall colours are fab!
    Thank you for joining usat Delightful Challenges for our Fall challenge! Hope you see you next week,
    Zahreen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is fabulous! Great job! Thank you for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at OLL this time and look forward to seeing you again. Good luck in the draw. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x