Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 24 September 2011

Pink Rose

It was a lovely warm day here today so I spent some time sitting in the garden doing absolutely nothing except enjoying the sunshine. I'm pleased to say the builders are doing great, they've converted half the garage to an extra room this week with little or no mess and it's ready to plaster. On Monday they start digging the founds for the extension of the existing dining room so we'll see how that goes.
Anyhow on to cards, I've been playing since coming in from the garden:


This is a new La Blanche stamp, I've inked it up in 3 shades of pink/red and brown for the stem then cut out with a scalloped nestie and used some spun sugar TH distressed ink before removing the die. This is mounted on foam pads. Card is finished with a sentiment and a pearl.
This was originally going to be a OLC but there was obviously stray ink on the stamp so rather than waste a card base I re-stamped and covered up! That's why it looks like I've mounted it too far into the corner.

Many thanks to all who left comments on my cards last week, it was a bit manic wasn't it - don't know how Chrissie and Mandy coped, they must have been typing comments in their sleep!

Challenges entered:
Less is More - sketch
Allsorts - keep it simple
Polka Doodle - distress it
Art Impressions Stamp - for the girls
Fairy Fun Fridays - pink and distressed

Carol x


23 comments:

  1. I'm glad you agree that the topper is a bit too close to the corner Carol, but having read your post, I now understand why it's there! I would have hated to have wasted the card too!
    It's a really pretty image!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the stamp and pretty colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Gorgeous carol xxxx
    Hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card, the image is really pretty

    thankyou for joining in with the Allsorts fun this week

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, this is lovely the colour is beautiful too also is the die cuts the distressing and the image so soft and lovely:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty rose - lovely shades of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Carol, very romantic card, Carol, beautiful your rose, pretty card, well done.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you did the flower in 3 colors and used it to cover over the ink spot. Very clever. Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colour choice here Carol, and that is a really pretty stamp. The same thing has happened to me when I try one layer cards, usually with the sentiment!

    Have a lovely Sunday.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely image I love your new stamp, the colours are really soft and feminine - great card! We wouldn't have know about your error if you hadn't of told us, I'm sure everyone else is always making booboos and covering up I know I do! xx
    PS are the builders making you a new craft room??????????????? Whoppeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Carol, love the soft colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well rescued Carol
    Super subtle colours
    thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely, well done on covering the mistake. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol, it's a beautiful image, and good for you making the save! Unfortunately, many of my goof ups ended up in the trash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card, Carol!! Your rose is lovely...love the soft colors...great save on your part(one layer cards seem so easy but are the most difficult for me because of that very thing:)!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, I love the simplicity of the design. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Prairie Fairy Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at "Fairy Fun Fridays" for our Pink and Distressed challenge! Good luck! :D

    Hugz,
    xx Tracey/DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Carol! I became a follower!
    Jamcrafts4u.blogspot.com stop by and visit some time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a fantastic rose. Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the simplicity of your card!

    Please join us for Link Up for Pink, we have over $3K worth of prizes to giveaway! :)
    Yolie
    www.JustYolie.com

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x