Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 23 September 2011

More brayering

I watched a video tutorial on using a brayer the other day and decided to try out the technique being demonstrated. I bought this beautiful versacolour tri-colour ink pad on my visit to Hobbycraft on yesterday so decided to test drive it. I used an A6 piece of card (the type you use promarkers on) and although the whole of the piece wasn't perfect I was able to stamp this image and cut out with a square nestie.


The stamp is from a wooden boxful bought from QVC many moons ago and it's never been used before. Card is finished with a bow, a pearl and a sentiment. I was somewhat pleased with the result but will have to have a trial run on a OLC.
 (I also bought a gold, silver and copper version and a Brilliance one in pinks and lavenders so going to play some more).

Challenges entered:
Less is More - anything goes
Rainbow Lady - white space
Fab n Funky - a hard theme (just learning to use a brayer)
Our Creative Corner - not big on pink

Carol x

16 comments:

  1. This is lovely Carol, a very pretty, gentle card. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Carol love the colours of the ink Barbara Grey watch out
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practice makes perfect, Carol. Well done on another good brayering. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and delicate card.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the way you incorporated the texture as the ribbon/pin holding the bouquet. Great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Carol,love the brayering.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carol, I'm in awe of your brayering technique!
    Lovely card
    Thank you so much, you are a star
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card and love the background. Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shading across this background is fabulous Carol!
    Thanks once more.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, you have inspired me to try the brayer on some tri-color pads I have. This is a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Carol your braying is stunning l only watched it last week on tv and was taken aback its truly a lovely form of art and you have it of to a T!!Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and you seem to have had more success with the brayer than I do! Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful, lovely work on that background. Thank you for sharing with us again at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful - Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week - Good Luck
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x