Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 3 September 2011

Metallic

Good afternoon everyone. It's dry up here and the sun is trying to get out. I'm doing a quick post before we shoot off to Edinburgh to drop younger son off at his student accommodation - his first venture away from home. No doubt he'll come back regularly with his dirty washing, after all he's only going to be about half an hour up the road!
Over at Less is More this morning the Divas want to see all things metallic:

I've used Debbie Moore's metal magic to cover a piece of card (heating and embossing three times) then stamped an angel with black versafine ink into it when still hot and added a few gems to make it sparkle and layered it onto a scalloped nestie square cut from some waste silver mirri card. I've scored two lines onto the base card, stuck some gold foiled vellum from my snippets box between them then edged the lines with gold peel offs. Card is finished with a bow rescued from a Christmas cracker.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - metallic
CHNC - no sentiment
ABC Christmas - recycle plus ribbon or rhinestones
Jules Crafty Snippets - since everything came from my snippet box

Carol x

37 comments:

  1. Super card Carol... all very shiny and luscious!
    Great embossing too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card, Carol. Not many more to make. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun this is just gorgeous really beautiful love metalic,hope it goes well for your son hun love hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol...beautiful card. Very elegant...love the gold bow. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting!.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing. Really will have to give triple embossing another go.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant, classy card - I love it, Carol - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 36 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol

    Wow!!!

    Fabby use of your snippets. I have never even considered totally embossing any of mine!!! Perfect idea for the mountain of white snippets I have!!

    Very inspirational!! Thank you for sharing and keeping me company again this week.

    Thank you also for all your lovely comments whilst I have been banned from blogland!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hola Carol, beautiful stamp and fantastic embossing technique, i love your vellum, fab work Carol, a hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool! Love that gold panel, thanks for playing along with Christmas Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous triple embossing Carol
    Very rich!
    Thank you
    Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combination of white and gold so Christmassy!- my oldest is off to uni too in a few weeks but he's managed to secure a place in our home town - not sure if this is good or bad! lolx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant triple embossing - something I've never tried. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Carol great embossing and the vellum is so pretty I thought it was ribbon!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card hun and I love the sparkle...great for our challenge! Thanks for joining in over at Christmas Crafting...we also have an ATC swap going on if you are interested? Details are on our blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful festive card, love the embossed panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully elegant card, so refreshing to see something so clean and classic. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely idea, looks like a tiny golden postage stamp
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW What an amazing card you've made and even more amazing that you made it with things some people throw out! BRILLIANT!!!!
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. I love the silver and gold together! Thanks for playing the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, love the image you chose on the embossing.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card, Carol! Love your triple embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've made a really gorgeous card. Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - a stunning card! And you used snippets too! Love it. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful elegant and simple fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  25. Terrific card for the challenges you've entered.

    Fab metallic look.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh so beautiful Carol!! Well done on this weeks challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card Carol, the embossing looks fab :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the triple embossing, must try this sometime. x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute card, great embossing and love the recycled ribbon, Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous embossing Carol, and a really beautiful CAS card.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card - love the triple embossing!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - I have candy on my blog if you're interested :0)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great triple embossing - lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Carol, lovely card using one of my favourite techniqes. Love the vellum strip too. a great snippet make. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card. Love the metalic touches. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x