Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 25 September 2011

Happy Birthday

I can't believe it's a year today since we sold the business and retired - where has the last twelve months gone? Hubby and his family are now looking to start a new business but I'm quite happy being a SAHM and pottering around my craft room whenever I please.
I've got a couple of male birthdays coming up next month so decided I'd better make a start as both parties had to make do with bought cards last year when I ran out of time and steam.


This one for my nephew uses a trusty old Penny Black stamp and since he supports Newcastle United I've left it uncoloured and used black and white mats to make up the card base. The ribbon is recycled from a Christmas cake and I've made a double bow with black and white satin ribbon and attached a football button. I've done some faux blanket stitches around the layers to add some detail - someone showed a tutorial on their blog this week (sadly can't for the life of me remember who :( ) and I've been testing it out ever since.

Challenges entered:
Penny Black Saturday - monochromatic
Paper Sundaes - anything goes
Celebrate the Occasion - birthday (use balloons)
Oldie but Goodie - one for the boys
CES - recycle
Fussy and Fancy - new technique (blanket stitching)

Carol x

24 comments:

  1. Great card Carol, I love your faux blanket stitches, the really cute image and the black and white colour combo - very effective!
    Thanks for playing along with Fussy and Fancy's Try a new Technique challenge this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that card Carol my husband supports Man U so I could do it in red and white (being a nurse you never put those colours together so maybe not!) sure your nephew will love it.You are so right being retired is brilliant - all this crafting time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea to leave the image uncoloured and i just love the stitching - he will love it i am sure
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card,fab idea to incorporate football colours.Thanks for playing at CTO this week.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carol your card is lovely a great mans card good luck with your challenges your work is truly amazing l always look forward to seeing your projects :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the faux blanket stitches, and just using the black and white, a wonderful card
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card!!! I love the black and white and stitching! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick note to say thanks for letting me know about the stamps Carol.
    Love this black and white card.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Carol!! This card is the BEST!! I absolutely adore the little guy with all of his balloons!! Oh how super cute he is!! Now a new follower and would love for you to visit me at www.trailoftreasures.com. I'm super interested in some of the challenge blogs that you're a part of! I'll have to head on over to some of them!

    Thanks for celebrating birthdays with us at CTO!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - CTO DT member
    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card Carol. Love the faux stitching! Great stamp xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well as a fellow Toon I would just love this card, so I think its just perfect! lol

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, love the black and white. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the B&W with your adorable image, really great birthday card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors, adds just the right touch of elegance! Thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute black and white card!
    Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't do CAS but you did a great job, and a male card to boot! Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific card - love the striking black and white.
    Thanks for joining in with our CES challenge this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. A smashing card - I like how you've recycled that gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect male card - great image and I love the football button.
    Thanks for playing along with my 'One For The Boys' challenge at An Oldie But Goodie this time.
    Hope to see you again.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great Boys Card ,

    thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE Challenge

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x