Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 30 September 2011

Fall Candle

Decided to have a play - I've been meaning to try stamping on candles for a while but after using this Fred she Said image on a DT card I decided to try using a digi. After ironing some tissue paper (well the iron has to be useful for something!) I attached it to an A4 sheet of paper with low tack tape, re-sized the digi to fit the candle and printed it off then coloured it with promarkers.


The image was then attached to an old unused candle which I found in a cupboard then I've decorated the bottom of the candle with lavender and gold pearlised papers which I've edged with a Martha Stewart punch, a lavender ribbon, orange bow, WOC rose and some leaves.
I was very surprised at how easy this was so I'm off to find more candles!

My tip this week is to use a carrier sheet to enable you to print direct onto tissue paper thus allowing you to use any of the fabulous digis available for decorating candles.

Challenges entered:
Paper Pretties (Monday Challenge) - fall inspired
Clear it Out - alter something
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT - fall and/or fancy folds
Ribbon Carousel - alter it
Top Tip Tuesday - 2 or more ribbons
Just for Fun - anything but a card
Rainbow Lady's - fall/autumn flowers
Southern Girls - anything goes
Daisy Doodles - fall/give thanks (use digi)
Digi Makeover - re-size
House of Gilli - fall/autumn
Joyful Stamper - inspire me Friday
Wags and Whiskers - handmade (gift)
Fussy and Fancy - new technique (first candle)

Carol x


29 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. A great idea and fab tip. I think I will have a go. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    Your candle is GORGEOUS! I could never ever burn it though because it would be a treasure!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "2 or More" challenge. ;D
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excelent job you have made of it :) Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Just for Fun
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this Carol. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab candle Carol,thanks for the tip.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty for fall! I used to make these all the time, but then just kinda stopped. thanks for the reminder!
    so glad you have joined our 're-size your digis' challenge over at the Digi Makeover blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous candle Carol. What a beautiful gift. Never tried it myself. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol, gosh this is a stunner! You made it sound easy to do but I don't think it's that easy I would quite fancy doing one but not sure about it. I don't think I'd like to burn it because it's far too pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is this!!! I never thought to use digis on a candle...what a great idea. And your candle is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Digi Makeover Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really a fan of digi's but love how you used it here and the base decoration is very pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful job you have made of it :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Carol, that´s such an amazing candle. I love the idea how you was possible to use a digi for it. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't done one of these in ages - absolutely fabulous; LOVE the image!

    Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

    Hugs, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice ...thanks for playing with us at PMS DIgi Makeover challenge...

    Ivette_DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Carol... I don't do the I word but this is great. Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great technique - thanks for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy for our challenge this fortnight and good luck :-)

    xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

    Sazzle

    http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL am laughing at Cynthia's "no ironing". fab candle, what a great idea as a pressie! Thanks for sharing with us at the "no ironing" Rainbow Lady's Challenge. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty candle! Love the soft colors you used. Thanks for joining our Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. such beautiful project! THanks so much for joining us at Clear It OUt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful fall candle and so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at House of Gilli challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fab candle. Love all the details and splendid tip. Thanks for playing at Top TipTuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesdayfor another challenge. I've got candy if you're interested. Bettina x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful Carol - I LOVE decorating candles this way, thanks for sharing your Top Tip ref the carrier sheet :)

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our '2 or more Ribbons' Challenge.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is perfect and a lovely pressi too!
    Thanks 4 joining us this week @ Top Tip Tuesday for our 2 Or More, Ribbon, Twine, Lace, Fabric Challenge, Don't forget you can enter up to 3 times, I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've not tried candle stamping yet, this looks great. By the way, I'm very impressed with the results showing on your christmas card ticker counter!! Wow, I'd better get my skates on with mine !!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

    ps - I have ribbon candy on my personal blog if you're interested in entering - only 3 days left to enter.

    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loooooooove your project--I LOVE that you stamped on the candle--clever idea:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love it! I'd love to see a tutorial on this idea! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us in our Fall Colors/Giving Thanks challenge at Daisy's Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice candle you have done and thanks for the tip.

    Thanks for joining us on JFF - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful project! Love the fall candle. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Friday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The candle is stunning. I must try this sometime. Thanks for joining us at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x