Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Eastern Treasures

It was lovely and sunny here today although very blustery. We took the dog for a walk along the beach at North Berwick at lunch time and got sand blasted - the dog loved it - I'm still finding grit in unmentionable places!


I've been playing with Joanna Sheen's Eastern Treasures today and this is one of my favourite images. I've printed  the decoupage image and matching backing paper onto ice blue decoupage paper and layered onto blue and ivory stardream card. Card is simply finished with a ribbon and a gem. The decoupage is really fiddly to cut out but well worth the effort as it's stunning.

Challenges entered:
Ribbon Carousel - anything goes
Bearly Mine - flowers, flowers, flowers
Try it on Tuesday - monochrome
Crafty Catz - monochromatic

Carol x

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Carol. Your decoupaged flower is gorgeous and well worth the effort! Thank you for joing in again with us at the Pretty little Ribbon Shop challenge:)

    PS...I had to laugh when I read that you had been sand blasted on the beach!! I imagine you were if it was as windy as it's been here today. I think we must have the tail end of hurricane Irene. Our garden looks a battered mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely creation! I saw your entry in the Ribbon Carousel Challenge, and had to click through for a closer look. Beautiful colors and a fabulous decoupage job. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing where sand can get isn't it?

    This is a beautiful card Carol, I love this decoupage and agree, it is worth the cutting out. You've made it into a gorgeous card. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, another beautiful card, the colours are so lovely together. Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Carol, I love the pretty blue colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carol this is absolutely gorgeous,thanks for letting us share it at TioT,luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol
    A gorgeous and beautiful card thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty again Carol! love the flowers and the colours are so adorable:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, Your card is so beautiful, really gorgeous, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and it's perfect for the TioT challenge this week. Thank you for joining us this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the dimension of your flower! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Carousel Challenge this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Carol, I also used this image for my sons anniversary, The colours are stunning!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is really lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge. Good luck!

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Lovely card. Love the dimension in it. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x