Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 26 September 2011

Baubles

So glad I decided to buy the brayer, I've been playing again and used my new Brilliance tri-colour twilight pad then cut out a bauble with my new nestie set.


I've used pearlised card stock for the base card to match the sparkle of the ink and embossed the next size bauble direct to the card. I cut another bauble from gold foiled acetate to use as an overlay and added a lilac bow. Card is finished with a sentiment stamped in the same ink.
Unfortunately the acetate doesn't photograph too well and the colours of the brayering are not showing at their best.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - sketch
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - be transparent
Sparkles Forum - something that sparkles
OSAAT - your favourites (currently brayering)
Fussy and Fancy - new technique (brayering)

Carol x

24 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    I love the finished look of this!!

    The pearlised card makes it super special!

    Well done with your brayer work .. .. . I think I need to get mine out a bit more or I am never going to improve!!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,this is beautiful. I am hopeless with my brayer, even after getting tuition from BG at the SECC last year. Need to have another try. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I would never have guessed that brayering is your favourite at the minute! lol Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, I'm sure it looks even better in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab Carol... well done you.. I need to practise with my brayer!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol this is beautiful:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card carol, I'm glad you're having fun with your brayer.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking card Carol. Its good what you've done with your brayer, really subtle. I've got one and play occasionally but have never used it on anything I've made! I've also got those Nesties and haven't used them but now you have inspired me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Carol, such a great take on the sketch :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, photo's never do cards justice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, those dies produce a lovely crisp image which really complements your card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous card Carol. Love that bauble die.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely. Great embossed bauble what a fab idea and really like the pearly sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lovely idea to nestle the bauble within the embossed one
    FAB
    Thank you Carol
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely bauble card. I like the bauble within a bauble. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous. Period! ...and an exclamation mark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous, Carol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Carol, Just Gorgeous. Love the way you embossed with the larger nesti. I have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely what a classy creation, thanks so much for joining the challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
    Deb
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really pretty card, well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is such a sophisticated design and brayering as a fave technique, well done!! Also you have made 93 Christmas cards, you are Superwoman :)

    Many thanks for joining in with our Use Your Favourites challenge over at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a elegant card. Thanks for joining "Be Transparent" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x