Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 30 May 2011

Cupcakes

Hope everyone is enjoying their Bank Holiday Monday. It's not really a holiday in Scotland so it's pretty much business as usual here - DD has gone off to school camp for the week, eldest is working and middle child has just left for college. Hubby has gone out to see his Dad so I'm home alone and enjoying the peace and quiet (albeit the washing machine is humming away in the background!).

Glad to see Blogger seems to be behaving itself again and my followers have returned.........it was getting quite lonely here on my own lol A big Hello to all my new followers and many thanks for all the lovely comments you have all left recently.

Back to business - unfortunately the cupcake isn't edible in this instance (shame as I just fancy something sweet)!
Cupcake image from Bits n Bobs, coloured with promarkers then I've used ivory flowersoft for the icing sprinkled with some silver and one of the mixed tubs. Backing papers from Pink Petticoat. Card is finished with some polka dot ribbon which has been in my stash forever and some pearls.
Challenges entered:
Ribbon Carousel - cupcakes
Shopping our Stash - ribbon rewind
Digi Doodle Shop - anything goes

Carol x

15 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Love how you did the icing! The polka dot ribbon is pretty too!
    Thanks for playing with us at SOS this week!

    Hugs,
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,
    What a scrumptious creation!!! Oooo just fancy a cupcake now lol. Love the cute little cupcake image, the dp, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments look fab too. Coloured beautifully as always.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Carol, colours are fab and the cake looks good enough to eat xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, anything with spotted ribbon on gets my vote! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very yummy Carol.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really scrummy card Carol. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. It looks good enough to eat! LOL. You really did a great job. Thanks for the lovely card at DDSB. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely design, I like the use of flower soft as icing, fab card, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, the cake is good enough to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute cupcake! Super card all the way around. Thanks for joining us Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a yummy looking cupcake! The sprinkles on the frosting and the polka dot ribbon are just so fun!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at SOS! Tune in tomorrow for a brand-new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! Love the cupcake! Thanks for playing along with us at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card.The Flower Soft is very effective - would never have thought of using like this.Love the swirly paper too.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Carol, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us at DDSB this week for our anything goes challenge. Hugs, Karen.xx
    Oh and blogger seems to only be having problems with Internet Explorer - if you have Firefox or Google Chrome internet engines, they seem to be working fine these past few weeks with blogger - hope that helps you.xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x