Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 14 April 2011

LIM no 4

I won some Words with Honey stamps over at Rainbow Lady's challenge last week and they arrived yesterday - so I had a play.
You'll have to excuse the photography on this one! I used onyx stardream and stamped with versamark and then embossed with fine detail silver embossing powder. I think I'm beginning to get the drift of this Less is More lark but they sure don't come easy lol. The sentiment says "The way to have life is to love many things".

Carol x

11 comments:

  1. This does look like a tricky one to photograph with all that shiny stuff, but the card looks great. I'm really glad that you are becoming more familiar with the genre, but it's not easy for any of us to get things absolutely right!
    See you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol
    If I may say I was slightly more drawn to the dandelions than the sentiment, but its a striking card, beautiful
    I wonder if I may suggest something. When you emboss a heavily detailed image you do loose some of the fine details, compared to if you use a dye based ink [which then isn't embossed] however if you inked with a coloured ink pad, then clear emboss, it does make it clearer
    Fr instance a Gold or Silver brilliance ink pad, then clear heat embossing powder
    Thanks Carol, hope you didn't mind me saying
    mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silver on black is very classy. Lucky you winning the stamps, this one was perfect for the challenge!! Lovely card.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mandi, I appreciate your helpful comments - I'll have a look through my ink pads and see if I can give it a go. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - love the image

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card Carol, very elegant. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very attractive card, I love the shimmer, but it does make it difficult to photograph. I turn off my flash if I'm photographing something with a lot of shimmer. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, very striking with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you winning those stamps! This CAS card is a nice change from the usual white background cards you see for CAS. I wouldn't use my flash on a shimmer card though (if that helps?). Love the effect. Hugs to you, Ellie Maggie x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x