Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 9 April 2011

Less is More

The task at LIM this week was to use your sentiment as focus and you were allowed one layer. I struggled slightly with this as I don't have any sentiment stamps suitable and can't print anything on the computer atm after the trojan took out my laptop earlier this week :(
I ended up making two cards:
The first uses a backing stamp which I hadn't used before (and probably won't again as it's obviously dodgy and the middle refused to print out despite three attemps). The sentiment is part of a kit card. I distressed it all with a Tim Holz distress ink pad (an area I need some practise in!). Card is finished with a button.
As I wasn't overly happy with this I set about making another:
Now I've use a little poetic licence on this one lol - I've cut an oval from the front of the card and "replaced" it with the acetate sentiment, then made a scalloped border to frame it. Card is finished with some gems and I used a blue insert.
Carol x

7 comments:

  1. Carol...I totally understand losing mojo...I felt like my mojo had definitely taken a hike this week! I struggled with the sentiment too! You've made two great cards...and I know someone will be delighted to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first really doesn't have enough white space for a true CAS I do like the effects you have created. Our One Layer is just that the card base with ink in whichever form' added rather than additional card or paper. However these are super examples
    Thank you Carol
    mandi
    "Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them both!! I like the distressed look of the first card, and the oval and plaid of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lov the vntage/grunge look of your first card, I lways struggle with this type, but always love the effect, fab!
    kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol,
    It's great to see these two super cards, however you are right... you have used a little artistic licence with both of them... neither is exactly one layer because of the bits you have added... it's a really tricky proposition and one that takes a bit of getting used to. But it's great to see your submissions, so thanks so much fro joining us!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x